Removing Of Common Carpet Stains. Carpets can boost the look of any home interior. They give a fresh and appealing look and help to maintain your floor. If you do not take adequate measures to remove carpet stains, they can penetrate inside and harm carpet fibers. Therefore, it is important to address stains immediately to prevent spreading. In this article, we will discuss four types of common carpet stains and will also help you to remove them.
Pet stain is obvious if have pets in your home. Pet urine can really damage your carpet. And also, the urine smell will pollute your indoor air. Pet stains need extra caution for complete removal. Act immediately to minimize your effort and reduce the stain effectively.
• Clean up the urine and use a cotton towel to soak the excess moisture.
• When the stain is dried up, you will then have to prepare a carpet cleaning solution. Some homemade solutions can work best to remove pet stains
• Take a ¼ cup of the vinegar and mix it with a quart of the warm water. Mix it well and fill the solution in a spray bottle
• Spray this solution onto the pet stain and leave it for ten minutes
• Blot the stains repeatedly to remove the stain
A coffee stain is quite common on the carpet. You can spill coffee on your expensive carpet while reading a paper or playing with your kids. However, removing a coffee stain is a difficult job. People normally blot the stains to remove them. But actually, this will spread the coffee stain. Take a paper towel and gently blot the area to remove the remaining moisture.
• Spraying hydrogen peroxide
• Soak a cotton towel in the water and pressing it.
• Keep your steam iron on towel and allow it to absorb water for twenty seconds. As you do this, make sure that your iron is on full steam
• Repeat this procedure three to four times to remove coffee stains from your carpet
Mud stain is different from other types of stains. You can easily remove it even if it is completely dried up, unlike other carpet stains. Dried mud stains are easy to remove than a wet one. You just need to know how to remove it effectively with a little effort.
• First, let it dried up
• Use a vacuum to remove loose debris and dirt. You need to vacuum in different directions to pick up all the dirt
• Now prepare a carpet cleaning solution by mixing one cup of lukewarm water and one teaspoon of the mild dish wash detergent. You can prepare more quantity depending on the size of the affected area
• Use a clean white cotton cloth to blot your homemade solution into your carpet.
• Secondly, repeat the procedure until the stain is gone
Wine stains are common in some households. If you are drinking wine, you can get stains on your carpet. Also, wine stains can penetrate inside and enter into carpet fibers. Once you notice wine stain, blot it immediately to minimize the impact.
• Take a dry white towel and use it to blot the stain. You just need to blot the stain. Avoid rubbing as rubbing can damage your carpet material
• Mix solution with one tablespoon of dish soap, a ¼ cup of the white vinegar, and water.
• Soak it for twenty minutes
• Repeat until it is completely removed
Because removing stain from carpets can be frustrating when it dries up, you should address the stain immediately. Also, follow the right procedure and use a suitable solution so you can get a better result.